Buying a Home
For Home Buyers
Buying a home is an exciting time in one's life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. Our services and experience range from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. For your convenience, we also provide listings by email (sign up below to receive daily or weekly updates). We pride ourselves on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why.
As Your Agent, We Will:
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don't pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner's insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
You'll be joining the ranks of hundreds of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family. When you own your own home, your hard-earned dollars contribute to your mortgage. The equity you earn is yours. Over time, your home will increase in value.
Why do you need me, a buyer’s agent to represent you when buying a new home?
I will help you determine what kind of property you would like, what area you would like to be in, what you want in a property – your must-haves vs. your desires.
I will help you determine your price range, provide you with financial calculations, and provide information to you on getting pre-qualified for financing,
I will research the MLS and find you homes that meet your criteria and arrange showings for you.
I will accompany you to see the properties, evaluating and comparing the ones you see and helping you eliminate ones you don’t like and compare the ones you do.
I will instruct you on how to fill out forms and explain documents when placing an offer.
I will negotiate with the seller’s agents until the purchase contract is agreed upon and signed.
I will coordinate with the seller’s agent, banks, lawyers, title companies, inspectors, etc to ensure everything is completed in a timely manner and prepared to the best of my ability in time for closing.
I will attend the closing with you.
I will follow up to ensure all documents and funds are sent to appropriate offices and copies distributed to appropriate parties.
I will make this process easy, fun and stress free!