Selling a Home
For Home Sellers
Selling your home shouldn't be a stressful ordeal but it is an involved process that affects your family and your future. Before you begin this process, you'll want to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information. When should you sell? How do you get the best price? What kinds of renovations should be made prior to the sale?. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your investment in your home pays off. Our services and experience allow you to focus on your move while We manage your home sale from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. We pride ourselves on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why.
As Your Agent, We Will:
- Complete a comparative market analysis that will compare your home's value to that of your neighbors.
- Compile a comprehensive plan detailing all the efforts we will employ to sell your home, including Internet and local media.
- Present your home to as many qualified buyers as possible getting your home maximum exposure.
- Help explain how you can stage your home and generate curb appeal to ensure you get the highest price.
- Assist with obtaining offers and help you in negotiating the best deal as smoothly as possible.
- Help navigate potential road blocks from various buyer financing types.
- Help you find your next home and answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Check out these videos about the latest digital marketing strategies available from EXIT Realty - Great Plains!
Recent Home Sales:
What are homes selling for on your street? Contact us to find out!!
Getting the Highest Price for Your Home:
Curb appeal is key and could make a difference whether people stop and take a flyer, or drive right by. Here are a few tips to increase the curb appeal of your home. Staging your home is important. Many buyers will stay in your home longer if it's staged appropriately. We have compiled some ideas to present your home in the most effective manner.
Closing Costs to Expect:
- Title insurance fees depend on the sales price of the home.
- Broker's commission is a full-service fee and will cost anywhere between 5% to 7%.
- Local property transfer tax, county transfer tax, state transfer tax, and state capital gains tax are the charges that you'll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credit to the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- FHA fees and costs are all fees are now negotiable between an FHA buyer and seller.
- Home inspections fees are in some circumstances paid for by the seller and include pest, radon and other inspections.
- Miscellaneous fees can accrue from correcting problems noticed during the home inspection.
The sale of your home is important to you. The agent you choose can greatly affect the end result of that transaction. Regardless of who you choose to sell your home, we feel it is very important you know the type and quality of service you deserve. Feel free to use these questions when interviewing myself or any other prospective agent.
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- Are you involved in the community? In what way?
- Do you own any real estate?
- Do you employ assistants, have a fax, voice mail, car phone, computer?
- Are you a full-time professional?
- What is your web presence? Do you have a Facebook business page, Do you use Social Media, Do you blog? What websites will my home be on?
- Are you a REALTOR?, member of local, state and national associations?
- Are you a Broker or a Sales Associate?
- Are you affiliated with a National Real Estate Company?
- Do you sell all types of real estate or specialize in home sales?
- Do you hold any special certifications or designations?
Why do you pay me to represent you in selling your home?
- I am going to evaluate our local market and comparable home values to set your home at an appropriate listing price.
- I am going to give you ideas on how best to present your home. I will look from an outsider’s point of view and tell you what my eyes are drawn to, i.e. cluttered areas, areas that need minor repairs, accentuating the assets like showing off a fireplace, arranging the furniture to make the room look bigger, or inexpensive landscaping for that “first impression!"
- I will provide you with names of people to make repairs, do inspections, painters, etc if you need them.
- I will instruct you in how to fill out forms and explain documents
- I will provide you with advertising of your home, place your home in the MLS, put signs in the yard and hold open houses.
- I will arrange times for showings coordinating between the buyer’s agent and yourself, and provide information about your property to other agents and interested buyers.
- I will receive the offers from buyers and present them to you. We will evaluate the offer or offers to determine which best fits your needs.
- I will negotiate with the buyer’s agents until the purchase contract is agreed upon and signed.
- I will coordinate with the buyer’s agent, banks, lawyers, title companies, inspectors, etc to ensure everything is completed in a timely manner and prepared to the best of my ability in time for closing.
- I will make your home available for inspections as needed.
- I will attend closing.
- I will follow up to ensure all documents and funds are sent to appropriate offices and copies distributed to appropriate parties.
- I will help make this process easy, fun, and stress free!
Seller's Information Request
For more information feel free to call, email, or fill out the information request below. One of our agents will be in contact with you directly!